I first joined Instagram donkey’s ears ago. I have never been a big photographer. My photography skills really suck. I mean really suck. As a result, my Instagram feed is more of a ‘my life’ kind of feed than a photography feed.
I love to see other’s photographs and I’m inspired by many of them. I enjoy browsing my Instagram feed and finding new people to follow, new photographs to enjoy.
Here are some ways I intend to improve my experience with Instagram:
- Improve my photography skills – The struggle here is real, very real. I’m a point, shoot and hope for the best kind of person. I should actually work on making an effort.
- Interact more with other people – This actually goes for any social media account I have. I’m horrendous at interacting with people on social media. I have the best intentions but something always seems to come up that takes my focus away.
- Explore the platform – You know when you just get comfortable with who you follow? Well I’m just that right now. Instead of branching outside of the people I follow, I just seem to stick with them. I need to branch out more and explore the whole of Instagram. Luckily for me, they have actually made this really easy.
- Post more – I went through a phase of posting once a day then that dwindled for some reason and I think it’s been about 3 weeks since my last post. I need to collect photographs, sit down and put them into drafts once a week. That way then it isn’t taking any extra time out of my day.
- Stop focusing on the numbers – Yes, I want to grow my followers. However, I want to enjoy using Social Media more. This requires me to stop focusing on the numbers and start enjoying (and believing in) the content I am posting.
If you want to follow me on Instagram you can find me at BethinaBoxUK.