We all love warming, hearty meals when it’s blowing a gale outside. This week has been particularly wet and miserable and I’ve tried out a new recipe (and adapted it to suit our tastes).
It’s a particularly lovely meal… easy to prepare and easy to eat. I also think it would work well with a little pasta or cous cous.
Boyo isn’t a lover of tomatoes though (despite eating ketchup by the bucket load) and only had sausages and mash. Princess Pants complained that the beans were “too big”. Comma and Hubby thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful.
Next time I try it, I’m going to substitute the Cannellini Beans with Baked Beans and reduce the amount of chopped tomatoes to see if it makes a difference.
So without further ado here is that recipe:
- 12 Pork Sausages
- 3 Leeks (Roughly chopped)
- 2 Carrots (Roughly chopped)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 400g Tins of Chopped Tomatoes
- 3 400g Tins of Cannellini Beans (Drained and Rinsed)
- 300ml Beef Stock
- Brown Sausages in a frying pan.
- Put all ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
- Can easily be halved or doubled!