I LOVE my slow cooker. I use it for most meals. It’s easy, convenient and I don’t have to worry about cooking once the children are home from school. It is just a case of dishing up at dinner time.
One of my favourites in the slow cooker at the moment is Cheesy Bacon and Chicken Stacks. They are a firm favourite with the whole family. Even Comma loves them.
The best news for the Cook is that they are also exceptionally easy!
What you need:
- Chicken breasts
What you need to do:
- Take 1 chicken breast per person, 2 slices of bacon per chicken breast and 2 slices of cheese per chicken breast. Tear enough sheets of tin foil for each chicken breast.
- Stack the ingredients on a sheet of foil: 1 slice of bacon, 1 slice of cheese, chicken breast, 1 slice of cheese and 1 slice of bacon.
- Wrap the foil around and place into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 6 hours.
- Serve with vegetables, chips or even in a soft bread roll.
They are so easy, yet so tasty. They take all of 10 minutes to prepare and your slow cooker does the rest.
They are completely family friendly. The only thing that worries me with Comma eating them is the salt content; however his portion size is much smaller than everyone else’s.