I can feel the temperature rising and see the days getting longer. You know what that means don’t you? Yep, Summer is coming… it is almost here! I would be more excited about summer if I was not going to be the size of a house and due to give birth in the middle of August.
Due to our rather poor planning we are not going on holiday this year, but going camping is definitely on our list of things to do next year. In the meantime, I’m working on getting all our camping equipment sorted and these are our top 5 camping essentials (minus the tent of course but that is more than obvious).
- Sleeping Bags – I have to have a decent sleeping bag. I can sleep anywhere so long as I am warm enough and you will not be warm enough without a decent sleeping bag. My favourite sleeping bag is over 20 years old and it is even better than my duvet. Unfortunately, it is a child’s one and I don’t fit in it anymore.
- Camp Beds – Back in the old days of camping, we had the blow up air beds that you had to inflate again every night. These days there is such a huge variety of camp beds on the market that you do not need to go through the torture of spending 3 hours pumping an airbed up.
- A Camping Stove – This is a necessity if you want to eat a hot meal, or even drink a hot cup of tea. Your best bet would be to go for a 2 ring gas stove with a grill on a stand especially with a family!
- A Table and Chairs – Not a necessity but pretty essential, don’t you agree? You do need to be able to sit down somewhere other than in your bed and possibly even somewhere to eat your dinner. 😉
- A Cooler Box – In the middle of summer what is the only thing worse than being too hot? Having milk that has turned sour because it has been ‘boiled’. A nice cooler box that plugs into your car is the perfect addition to your essential camping kit!
I’ve told you my camping essentials, now what are yours?
This is a PR collaboration! All words and thoughts are my own.